According to my neighbor’s countdown to Christmas clock (at the time this is published anyway) there are 6 days, 6 hours, 39 minutes, and 35 seconds left until Christmas.
Christmas is absolutely without a doubt my favorite time of the year. I’m a “ooo pretty shiny” kind of gal, so the bright lights and glitter reel me in. I can spend all day cuddled up under a blanket, drinking coffee or hot cocoa, and watching “Love Actually” or just cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies, really. My single status does not deter me from being in love with Christmas feels.
I’m also absolutely in love with New York City. The vibe is electric, and it’s hard not to get excited when Christmas comes to New York. Let’s be honest for a moment. No city does Christmas quite like The Big Apple, so when friends come to visit, and I revel in the fact I can go into tourist mode to explore the City in all its Christmas glory.
Here are just a few reasons why everyone should experience a New York City Christmas for at least one Holiday season in their lives.
1. The Infamous Rockefeller Tree
2. Ice Skating in Central Park. And Rockefeller Plaza. And Bryant Park.
3. Christmas Markets Pop Up All Over
4. Macy’s Windows. Or Any Window For that Matter
5. Even Boring Bodegas Dress Up in Christmas Garb
6. Every Street Becomes A Christmas Postcard
7. The Larger Than Life Sixth Ave Christmas Ornaments and Lights
8. Tall Buildings Adorned With Christmas Lights
9 Brooklyn’s Dyker Heights. Need I Say More?
10. Because Nothing Causes Christmas Nostalgia Like The Rockettes
11. Where Else Can You See a Light Show Like At Saks?
12. Firetrucks Even Join In On The Fun.
13. SantaCon Means Santas Flood The City Streets!
14. The Subtle Holiday Feels at Grand Central Station
If you still aren’t convinced, I’m going to leave this video here to set the mood.
What’s your favorite part of Christmas in the city?